Monday, February 23, 2009

Flying Jewels From Heaven

Here is my Spring bag. I decided to feature butterflies, which I think of as jewels from heaven...that fly! I found most of the vintage artwork on the Graphics Fairy blog. I made the collage in my publisher program. Then I printed it on the printable fabric an appliqued it. My sweet mother-in-law had given me some vintage buttons. They look great with it! Of course I had to add some sparkle with Swarovski crystals.

One the other side I used embroidery done by my new machine. It is an amazing thing to watch. And I am so pleased with the results.

I redesigned my tag to include a butterfly. And then I copied my niece, Tiffany's, idea of putting a surprise picture inside the bag. I love extra details and embellishment.

And this pattern is just the best! I love it. I think it is stylish and yet very functional. Many pockets. It's called the Brentwood Bag.

So.....today I bought jungle fabric! I'm in a quandary. I love this pattern, but feel like I should make a different one. Still deciding.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful! I LOVE it!!! One of these days, I will have money to pay for a specially made one of a kind Janine's Jewel!! :-)

Ionia Quilt Works Beth said...

Beautful bags, beautiful jewelry. Thanks Janine!