Saturday, November 21, 2009

Anya Handbag

I haven't sewn anything for 7 months. But I needed something to do that would take my mind off of waiting for my first grandchild to be born! So, I decided to make another handbag.

This is a pattern that I have wanted to make for months. I love the design. The pattern is called "Sandra Sue's Purse-O-Nality" by Palm Harbor Patterns. I bought some cotton fabric that is coffee themed. The fabric is really fun, and I'll have to use it in a purse soon.

But I really wanted to make a handbag out of the cheetah print microsuede again. The first one I made was too small for me and found a new home.

Here is the new Cheetah bag. The microsuede seemed a little easier for me to use this time since I had sewn with it before. This was the first time that I have used a satiny fabric for the lining. I love it. The whole bag has a gleem to it, and it also feels so soft!

I've named it the "Anya Handbag" after my granddaughter that is yet to be born.

Ok, Anya, now that I've finished the handbag, you'd better come soon. If you don't, I may have to begin another project!

1 comment:

Janine said...

That sweet baby did arrive! But they named her Beth!!! She's adorable. Can't wait to sew her a handbag someday.