Monday, October 13, 2008

Blue Jean Bracelet

Aren't these gorgeous stones? I love the blue color...it would look great with jeans, but is so lovely that it can be dressy too. The ovals are Dumortierite. This stone was named for Eugene Dumortier (1803-1873) who was a French paleontologist. It was first found in the mountains of France. Now it is mined in several parts of the world, even Nevada.

I have paired the dumortierite with lustrous blue pearls. The sterling silver beads and toggle complete the bracelet.

Yet another creation that I would love to keep. I make each piece of jewelry to be the quality that I would want and I think, in so doing, I become attached. But, I must admit, I so enjoy seeing others wearing my labors of love!

4 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OoooOOOOoooh I am in love! this is beautiful!!! your love and care shows in your work! Absolutley amazing!!

Pyrose said...

That is a gorgeous piece. I love the blues in it.

Petticoat Lane said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love that bracelet it's SO pretty,
Just had a read through your blog. The necklace that you made for Johanna's wedding was stunning, she must have been thrilled. I adore the picture of them surrounded by the sunflowers. What a beautiful day.
Jane. x

sewtakeahike said...

Wow, your bracelet is beautiful! You really have done some amazing work!