Sunday, August 24, 2008

Learning A Lesson

Isn't she a beauty?! Misty has been a wonderful companion for the last 10 years. What a blessing she has been to our family. But I certainly hope she has learned a lesson this week! Thursday night she had an encounter with a skunk! Oh how awful! She came back into the house and we immediately scooted her into the garage. Matt began brushing her and spraying her with Febreeze. I looked online for advice as to what to do. Washing with a mixture of peroxide, baking soda and liquid soap was what several people recommended. So, Misty had to put up with the indignity of being scrubbed with the solution. She looked so ashamed! Thankfully it was warm outside and she spent the night in the garage. Wouldn't you know, we were scheduled to leave the next day for the weekend. So our sweet neighbor had to put up with her. (She should get an award.)
Well, we are home again. The smell still lingers on Misty and our home has an odor. But it is not as bad as I feared. I dreaded it all weekend! My only hope is that she has learned a lesson, oh and I also hope that the odor leaves! Please, no more skunks!

1 comment:

Pyrose said...

Poor Misty! I feel so bad for that poor dog. Hopefully the smell will go away completely for you guys real soon. So sorry you had to deal with this. That's some nice neighbor you have!