Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Ode to Spring

I'm so thrilled that Spring is here! Today we went for a walk and enjoyed sunny, warm weather. I saw signs of Spring.....crocuses, daffodils, trees budding and little flowers in the grass.

I made the above pendant and named it, Flower Song. The amethyst reminds me of the crocuses and the rose quartz, crystals and pearls make me think of tulips. Oh, I love the tulips!

I've enjoyed making pendants that incorporate wirework and stones. I plan ahead what I'm doing, but as I make it, each piece takes on a life of it's own. This Flower Song Pendant, I didn't antique but left it bright silver. It's a bright, sunny Spring day.

But this blue set, is darker, like a rich evening. These pieces I didn't plan entirely in advance. I just went with it and saw where it would lead me. When I look at it, it just seems like it is joyous in wild abandon! I've named it Unbridled Joy. This set is mine. It signifies the joy that Jesus has put in my heart. And if I let Him reign supreme in my life...it's an Unbridled Joy!

I'm so grateful for Spring. And I love that God has put this creativity in my heart. I hope you enjoy it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My beautiful Flower Song, I can't even count how many compliments I have gotten on it. I usually wear that piece every day and whenever I go out someone comments on it. So stunning and elegant, I can wear it really dressed up or in my jeans and sweater. Thank you, Janine!